made in the uk
- free uk delivery
- lifetime guarantee on all corsets
How to Look Like a Pin Up Girl
Saturday, 09 July 2005 | Posted By Vollers Corsets
Pin up girls are models whose pictures have been mass produced and have a wide appeal among popular culture. They are popular among men and women alike, appear flawless, and are very cheeky. In fact, they are liked so much that many women aspire to try the look for themselves.
Think you would make a spectacular pin up girl? Here are a few tips to get you started.
Dressing Like a Pin Up Girl
- Curled Hair- Curls are very popular among pin up girl style, as are blunt bangs. In order for this style to work, however, make sure your hair is one solid colour; it doesn’t matter what the colour is (blonde, black, brunette, fiery red,) just avoid highlights at all costs. If you want to add something extra to the style, choose a cute pin or flower to go with it. If you’d rather keep your hair straight, pick a simple, yet dark colour. Remember, when pin up girls initially became popular, girls didn’t have purple, blue, or pink hair. The four most popular colour choices for hair were brunette, blonde, red, or black.
- Eyebrows- Many girls often overlook their eyebrows in everyday life, but if you want to look like a pin up girl, they are important. Brush them thoroughly and then fill them in with black power or pencil to create a sharp, arched look that pops.
- Eyes- The cat-eye look was extremely popular among pin up girls, and it is a look you can accomplish at home by yourself. First, apply a light colour of eye-shadow, like champagne or vanilla to the entire eyelid. Then, contour with a darker neutral. Using black eyeliner, outline the eye, creating flicks at the corner. It may take a few tries before you can create this look without any mistakes, so practise often.
- Red Lips- You can’t look like a pin up girl without the deep red lips. There are many different colours to choose from, however, to give that rich look. Consider deep pink, smoky red, fire engine red, coral, cherry red, or deep blood red.
- Draw Inspiration- Pin up girls were extremely popular in the 1940s and 1950s, although they’ve been around since the 1890s. Draw inspiration from the most popular period when it comes to choosing your wardrobe. A beautiful corset beneath a wiggle dress will keep your curves smooth and waist cinched, but you can also try pencil skirts, round toed pumps, corset dresses, and three-fourth sleeve cardigans with high waist Capri pants.
- Attitude- While much of looking like a pin up girl has to do with corsets, clothing choices, hair, and lipstick, it’s also about attitude. When you walk outside in pin up girl attire, know that you are glamorous, sexy, and downright irresistible. Having this type of attitude is the cherry on the sundae of dressing like a pin up girl.
Think you want to dress like a pin up girl? With the right hairstyle, lipstick colour, and corset, you too can be the envy of every girl and the desire of every man you meet.
- Corset POWER
- The Evolution Of The Female Figure
- 5 Minutes With Che Monique of Chocolate City Burlesque
- Guide to corsets for beginners
- The History Of The Corset
- A Fuller Bust
- Are Corsets Bad For You?
- Corset comparison
- Corset Training
- Corsets in the press
- DOES A CORSET CHANGE THE SHAPE OF YOUR BODY?
- Downton Abbey
- Fuller Figure
- History of Burlesque
- Kim Kardashian
- Maggie Smith
- Missy Malone
- Neo Burlesque
- Purchasing a corset
- Vollers Corsets
- Waist Training